Before filing a lawsuit here in the UAE, the plaintiff must submit a statement of claim and other supporting documents to the Case Management Office. The statement of claim includes the following:
• the subject-matter of the lawsuit
• the signature of the plaintiff or his representative.
• the requests and grounds
• the plaintiff’s and the defendant’s personal details and addresses
• the date of submission of the lawsuit to the Case Management Office
• the court before which the lawsuit is filed
• The copy of a contract is required if the case involves a contract
Documents should be in Arabic before presenting the cases before the UAE courts.